[wisb] Re: Scissor-tailed Flycatcher - Milwaukee Co.

  • From: Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Noel.Cutright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:05:15 -0600

Noel and all,

The other long-tailed vagrant species, Fork-tailed Flycatcher, has been seen the past few days in Iowa and Missouri. Though the Scissor-tailed is more likely it is worth knowing that the other species has been ruled out.

Joe Schaufenbuel
Stevens Point,
Portage Co., WI

Cutright.Noel wrote:
This was sent to last night from a friend who works at the Bradley
sculpture gardens on Brown Deer Rd. on the north side of Milwaukee.
Noel Cutright, Ozaukee County

Hi Noel,

I watched a scissor-tailed flycatcher at the sculpture garden today. It
is the first one that I've ever seen. I looked in Sibley and I see that
Wisconsin is in the bird's range. It would sit on a bluebird house and
swoop down for insects. Neat bird.

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.

Joe Schaufenbuel
5676 Regent St.
Stevens Point
Portage County, WI 54481
(715) 345-2788

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it) but 'That's funny...'"
--Isaac Asimov