[wisb] Reminder about deer hunting season

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:32:09 -0600

(Hmmm... better double-check that address in the "To:" box.  Wouldn't want to
make a mistake and send this to the wrong list - boy, would I look like an
idiot if I did that! Looks ok...)

Oh, hello - list monitor trainee Peter here.  Just wanted to remind everyone
that deer gun season opens this Saturday.  Many of your favorite state parks
and rec areas may be open for hunting and partially or completely closed to
other uses.  You can check on specific parks at this link:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/reclands/hunt.htm

For an overall view of hunting units/expanded CWD seasons check here:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/HUNT/DEER/dmu.htm

I should also mention that while most of Horicon NWR is open for deer hunting
and closed to other uses, the Bud Cook Hiking Area is normally open.  However,
the entire area had been burned when I went by last weekend, so it might not be
the most interesting hike.

Anyway, if you're out and about, be sure to wear bright colors and stay safe.

Peter Fissel
Madison, Dane Co.
(maybe I'd better check that "To:" box one last time...)