[wisb] Red Phalarope-Racine Co.

  • From: Jennifer Wenzel <miloloki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:31:03 -0500

Hi All,

I received a call that Rick Fare found a Red Phalarope swimming in the
water south of the Wind Point lighthouse in Racine late this afternoon.
By around 6pm it had moved further south to the Shoop golf course
parking lot. I arrived home from work too late and don't have any night
vision birding goggles yet, so didn't try for it. :)

Maybe it will be in the same area tomorrow or will continue heading
south. Keep an eye out along the lake in Racine or Kenosha counties,
perhaps!

Jenny Wenzel
Racine Co.