[wisb] Re: Re : Re: Wanted: County Name in Subject [Richland]

  • From: "Kevin" <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:11:26 -0500

Okay, lets try a different approach (I think this is largely pointless BTW).
This past weekend, I camped at Wyalusing which I think is in Grant county.
We left Sunday morning and drove 1/3 of the way across the state (birding
along the way) and stopped for a hike at Spring Green Desert (Sauk?). We
then continued on to Dane/Columbia ponds (Dane and Columbia) before stopping
finally at Horicon (Dodge). Do you actually expect me, if I had written a
full report to put all the counties that I saw something in along the way in
the subject line?

Many of us do not say, gee I am going to bird Brown county today and not
leave it's boundaries, or I am only going to do Green County etc. Most of us
will at one time or another bird a section of the state. When I stay at my
in-laws in holcombe(Rusk), I will also bird Chippewa, Taylor, and any other
area that seems interesting along the way. We all know where our favorite
spots are, and we all know where most of the sites are, including Schumacher
road which is heavily birded each and every year and just as heavily
reported. I myself live in Neenah which is basically on the border of three
counties, I will not list them individually to make life easier for someone
that isn't going to come here anyway.

I suggest that if you do not know where an area is, but are interested, look
it up or ask the poster if you really can't find it. I personally think that
the location of the sighting is more than sufficient and any more info in
the subject line will lead to subjects being longer than some of the emails
themselves.

Kevin Kearns
Neenah

De : Mike McDowell <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé le : Mer 12 mai 2010, 16h 19min 11s
Objet : [wisb] Re: Wanted: County Name in Subject [Richland]

Yeah, but why does it *need* to be in the subject?

Mike McDowell
Madison - Dane County
www.birddigiscoper.com