[wisb] RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD in Rock County

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:45:08 -0500

The following was forwarded to me by Kathi & Michael Rock.  Kathi says the
homeowners would welcome visitors, but ask that you call first.  I have the
photos that were forwarded with the message, and there's little doubt on the ID
- all-red back, with a full dark gorget.  Unfortunately, neither photo shows
the spread tail feathers to eliminate Allen's.

     We have a rufous hummingbird in our backyard. He has been there
> all day feeding at the feeder.  We live at 11703 East Berg Rd in
> Whitewater , WI 53190 .  We are 5 miles East of Milton on Hwy 59.
> Take Lima Center south off 59 ½ mile and turn east on Berg Rd.   We
> are the 3rd farm house on the left (north),  262-473-2998
>                                      Emily and Larry Scheunemann

Peter Fissel
Madison, WI