[wisb] Re: RFI:Finch ID

  • From: "Wayne & Susie" <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:57:03 -0600

This is a fun one.  In that spirit...

1) My first impression was House Finch - based mainly on head markings,
overall look.

2) But I quickly noticed what seems to be a lack of typical lighter belly
with streaking for House Finch.  Hmmm...

3) And now for a truly far-out question: Do the two species ever hybridize?
If not, I'll stick with Pouse Finch; otherwise, Hurple Finch!

Wayne Rohde  (or is that Rayne Wohde)
Walworth, WI