[wisb] Re: RFI: Call ID needed - Outagamie Co.

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jmotquin@xxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <crepuscular@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:18:04 -0500

Jon,

Funny you mention that.  I was walking around this weekend here in Waukesha and
heard something similar to what you describe - area was marshy, streamside.
Kind of sounded like "free beer" and reminded me of a willow flycatcher, but as
you say clearer (not buzzy) and maybe slightly up in pitch.  I got a short
video with the call right before the calls ceased and never saw the bird.
Doesn't sound like a phoebe or pewee (the latter which I am finally hearing
everywhere now).

Youtube link (short video, sound should be very clear):
http://tinyurl.com/2bna88a

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.  Maybe this is similar to what
Jon heard too.

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.