[wisb] Prince's Point, Jefferson county

  • From: "Paul and Margaret Jones" <paul163@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 10:04:52 -0500

As I was walking along the dike at Prince's Point this morning I saw two common
moorhens feeding in the river nearby. As I got closer to them, 7 canada geese
came together and appeared to form a "circle" around the moorhens, honking
loudly and making their threatening head-forward gestures at me.  The moorhens
continued to feed calmly in the middle of the circle as I walked by.  Has
anyone seen this goose behavior before?
Many warblers along the "wildflower walk" area there this morning: blackpoll,
blackburnian, redstart, black and white, no. waterthrush, wilson's, yellow,
magnolia, chestnut-sided.

Margaret Jones
Walworth county