[wisb] Prince's Point, Jefferson county

As I was walking along the dike at Prince's Point this morning I saw two common
moorhens feeding in the river nearby. As I got closer to them, 7 canada geese
came together and appeared to form a "circle" around the moorhens, honking
loudly and making their threatening head-forward gestures at me.  The moorhens
continued to feed calmly in the middle of the circle as I walked by.  Has
anyone seen this goose behavior before?
Many warblers along the "wildflower walk" area there this morning: blackpoll,
blackburnian, redstart, black and white, no. waterthrush, wilson's, yellow,
magnolia, chestnut-sided.

Margaret Jones
Walworth county