[wisb] Re: Prairie du Sac gulls

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulschilke@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:27:59 -0600

The dark-mantled gull was present again this morning below the Prairie
du Sac dam.  It was in a large flock of gulls resting on the ice on
the far side of the river.  Unfortunately the distance and poor
lighting made it difficult to distinguish any other features than
those already pointed out by Paul, and I was unable to get any photos.
 Hopefully someone can get a closer look to ID this gull.

In addition to this gull I did have an immature ICELAND GULL but no
Glaucous or Thayers were found.

Aaron Holschbach
Arena