[wisb] Pine Siskins

  • From: Hilary Ford <khilaryf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Doorcobirding <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 13:47:30 -0700 (PDT)

Despite almost four days dealing with a power outage at least we can enjoy the
birds.  A flock of Pine Siskins were noisy in the cedar trees on the road to
Ellison Bay P.O. on Saturday the 1st.
We had power in the storage barn where we keep our Motor Home so we used this
to store the freezer stuff and go for warmth when needed!  Up in that area the
Meadow Larks were singing merrily in the sun and many fleeting brown objects
flying into the tall grasses too quick to ID.  A Woodcock was spotted heading
into the bushes at Cottage Glen.  Otherwise the usual suspects around the
feeders which are proving a little more active the last few days.
Let us hope today's warmer sixty degree temps go on for a while!
Hilary Ford, Ellison Bay, Door Co.