[wisb] Re: Pileated Woodpeckers and Cooper's Hawk Marquette Co Saturday images

  • From: Richter Museum <richter@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx'" <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:41:19 +0000

As I suggested a female a Sharpie.  This behavior is pretty common and we saw
it often at Little Suamico. In fact after a few fermented grapes the Pileated
Woodpeckers really get worked up. We once banded both a male Sharp-shinned and
a Pileated after the Pileated chased and followed the hawk into a net. They
also love to chase Merlins.

Tom Erdman