[wisb] Oconto Breakwater

  • From: Albert Frohlich <abertstowhee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 19:28:54 -0800 (PST)

Today at the Oconto Breakwater there was a female Harlequin Duck along with
Hooded, Common and Red Breasted Mergs. Also seen were buffleheads,goldeneyes
and a few other spots too far out to see. I was looking for the two Snowies
reported earlier this week, but no luck. Also seen there were at least 6 snow
buntings. In the area to get there, we saw 5 Rough Legged Hawks. Some were in
the DNR wildlife area near Oconto.

Any new sightings in Oconto or Marinette Counties for Snowy Owls?

Albert Frohlich
Visiting from Bettendorf, IA