[wisb] Re: Northwoods Birding

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 12:48:46 -0600

Wayne's recommendation for Copper Falls is a good one  also a great place for
breeding Canada, Blackburnian, Pine, and many other warblers.  The Penokee
Mountains along Hwy 77 toward Upson also features one of the best populations
of breeding Black-throated Blue Warblers in the state, along with a great
diversity of other species.  But get it while it lasts as this area might host
nothing more than a huge open-pit taconite mine within the next decade.
Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady