[wisb] Re: Northwest WI weekend plus flower ID

Sending this since I've gotten so many replies, thanks to everyone who did.
The second photo is wild columbine and the third are indeed aspens (quaking
or trembling aspens they are called).  The first photo most people said
Turk's cap lily.  However, there are apparently multiple species that go by
that name: Lilium superbum, Lilium michiganense, and Lilium lancifolium
(this one is non-native).  From the responses I got, I think it is probably
Lilium michiganense as I think apparently we don't have the superbum species
in Wisconsin but instead have the michiganense.  If anyone wants more
detailed links or can correct me further on this, let me know, but wanted to
make sure people know I did get an answer more or less to my ID questions.

This is the second time I have tried to go into ID'ing plants.  The other
time I was trying to figure out exactly what kind of prickly pear is found
at Spring Green.  The answer if I recall was similarly indefinite and
complicated (I may still have those emails too if anyone is interested, one
from a botanist at the UW if I remember correctly).  Maybe I'll stick to
birds for now!

Thanks again everyone,

-Mike