[wisb] Northern Waterthrush Lions Den Ozaukee Co

The clouds were covering lake park this morning so I headed up to Lion's Den on
the lake south of Port Washington. Beautiful morning with 8 species of common
warblers - redstart bt green pine black & white palm tennessee magnolia and
wilsons , 1 vireo - still working on ID, many many Swainson Thrush, many Cedar
Waxwings, 3 Wood Ducks  2 Belted Kingfishers song sparrow and other normal
citizens. The highlight was on the wooden platform that looks north toward the
small inland lake. There were 8-10 Northern Waterthrush feeding right next to
the platform. Easily the closest looks I've had of them in a long time. They
were feeding on top of the algae, jockeying with each other and singing like
crazy. If you are in the area it's a good chance to get close to them and watch
their behavior. I'll post a couple shots later.

Brian Hansen
Milwaukee - east side####################