[wisb] Northern Mockingbird, Dickcissels, Western Meadowlark Florence Co

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:48:11 -0500

This morning during my 32 mile bike ride I was treated to several species that
are quite uncommon here in Florence Co.  I counted 88 species with the
following highlights:
7 Swallow species
N Mockingbird           W 3250 Roach Fire Ln Rd
14 Warbler species
Dickcissel                 At 4 separate locations
Henslow's Sparrow     Homestead township
Western Meadowlark  Homestead township

I listened to the Mockingbird give perfect songs for Whip-poor-will, Great
Crested Flycatcher, and Red-bellied Woodpecker (the woodpecker is also quite
uncommon here).  There have been at least 2 Western Meadowlark in NW Florence
Co near Tipler for over a month.  The bird this morning was in a different
location.

Kay Kavanagh
Aurora  Florence Co