[wisb] Nine Springs - Madison

  • From: Andy P <andypaulios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:44:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

On my quest for green birds I've been flailing away at 9 springs hoping for
shorebirds.  So far very little.  There is a bit of habitat but a SY female??
Peregrine was causing trouble out there today!  Both legs had "reddish" but
maybe purple? bands on them.  The lighting was tough.  Very fun to watch her
cruise the third pond repeatedly....the ducks were smart!  They stayed
grounded.  Lots of new mallard broods and some older teal broods that I hadn't
seen earlier.

Andy Paulios
McFarland, WI