[wisb] New spring migrants

  • From: mike lohre <mjlohre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:30:54 -0800 (PST)

Alright it is officially spring in Dane and Sauk counties.  This morning on the
Wisconsin River behind my house I had my first sandhill cranes of the season
and greater white fronted geese.  Other new migrants along the river
were bufflehead, hooded merganser, and redhead.  Spring is definitely in the
air.
Mike Lohre-Mazomanie, Dane County