[wisb] New Berlin Recreation Trail Sparrows

  • From: Tim Hahn <thahnbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 13:21:28 -0600

I took a stroll along the New Berlin Recreation Trail west of Calhoun Road
this morning.  I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised to find a
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW and a WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW loosely associating with
a large flock of House Sparrows just west of the Mile #3 marker. A male
HOUSE FINCH was singing a bit, and a few AMERICAN ROBINS were flying around
as well.
--
Cheers!

Tim Hahn