[wisb] Milwaukee Long-tailed Duck, 2/3/12 - YES (and a photo)

Found the Milwaukee Long-tailed Duck again early this afternoon. Took me a
while to find the duck because he had changed locations. He was still in the
harbor south of Discovery World, but on the opposite side of the harbor from
his usual hangout over the past couple of days...

The bird had been hanging out at the west end of the dock attached to the south
side of Discovery World. Today he was across the harbor, hanging around the
boat docks in Lakeshore State Park. While I observed him, he was near the the
farthest northeastern(?) dock, the one closest to the mouth of the harbor. The
best view I had was while standing in Lakeshore State Park, near the electrical
cabinets by the docks. I suppose one could get a better view by going out on
the docks, but: 1) that might very well spook the bird and cause him to leave,
depriving others of the chance to view him, and 2) the docks are chained off
and closed for the winter.

And now, the photo. Yesterday I helped Rita Wiskowski locate the duck. She got
the chance to snap some photos. Here's a nice one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwiskowski/6810055637/in/photostream

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee