[wisb] Milwaukee Lakeshore State Park: Gulls, Geese, and Ducks Oh My

  • From: thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:59:24 -0500

I took some time during lunch for a walk down to Lakeshore State Park earlier
today.  The posting's title was befitting.

Gulls:
Lots of gulls out in the harbor and in the interior water of Lakeshore State
Park.  A portion of the south end was thinly layered with ice.  A handful of
guys were fishing along the shore since there was no ice immediately along the
water's edge.

Amongst the gulls, I found one that was rather photogenic, resting on a small
rock.  I experimented with framing by the shoreline rocks.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6677048243/in/photostream/

Geese:
The geese were also plentiful.  They dominated the rocks behind the Art Museum
and immediately south.  The interior water of Lakeshore State Park also had
quite a few geese.

Ducks:
Lots of usual winter ducks: Mallards, Mergansers, Scaup, Goldeneye, and
Bufflehead.

Greater Scaup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6677047879/in/photostream/
Red-breasted Merganser: