[wisb] Re: Milwaukee Lakefront, 12/16 - Eastern Meadowlark, Long-tailed Duck

  • From: "Kroeger, Thomas W - DNR" <Thomas.Kroeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>, wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:12:25 -0600

The long-tailed duck was present again the morning at the Lakeshore docks while
I was maintaining the aerators.  It was with 10 feet of me as I worked.  I'll
have to watch for the meadowlark and bluebirds.

Tom Kroeger
Lakeshore State Park Manager
500 N. Harbor Drive
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
414 274-4281 (p)
414 274-4285 (f)
thomas.kroeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Todd Wilson <maxpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Long-tailed Duck
To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 7:37 PM

In addition to the birds that Bernie reports for Lakeshore State Park, today
there was also a male Common Goldeneye X Hooded Merganser hybrid in with the
goldeneyes. One individual of this type spent the entire winter at the park
last year, and I think its quite possible this is the same bird. Lets see if it
sticks around again.

Todd Wilson
Milwaukee