[wisb] Managing your Wisbirdn account settings

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:02:50 -0600

By coincidence, I had two backchannel emails within a short period of time
today, from folks lamenting the sheer number of emails they were getting from
Wisbirdn.  It certainly can be a bit overwhelming at times, I'll admit.  I like
to periodically remind subscribers that you can always manage your account
settings yourself, using the links at the bottom of this or any Wisbirdn post.
If you'd rather not get so many emails, you can set your account to Digest
mode.  You'll get one email each day (usually in the evening,) with all of that
day's Wisbirdn posts.  Easy to scan and/or delete.

If you'd like to be able to post to the list, but don't want to get any emails,
you can set your account to Vacation.  This is particularly useful if you're
subscribed under more than one email account and want to be able to post from
either, but don't want to get all the Wisbirdn emails more than once.

If you have any difficulties changing your account settings, let me or Tom
Sykes (sykes@xxxxxxxxxx) know and we can help you figure it out.

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin Guy
Madison WI