[wisb] MCZoo Bird Banding - Friday, May 28th

  • From: Sharpbill@xxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, karen.stephany@xxxxxxx, jeaustin@xxxxxxxxxx, gavs39@xxxxxxxxx, treeroogirl@xxxxxxxxx, roberta.wallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Alex.Waier@xxxxxxxxxxxx, mahlersteven@xxxxxxxxx, cyberhawkHN@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ktlageman@xxxxxxxxx, akela317@xxxxxxx, llbeehler@xxxxxxx, tvargo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brent.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Craig.Pavlik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 13:12:43 EDT

Greetings!

We had our last migration banding session today; it was quite slow,
nonetheless, we had some good birds.

Species banded include:  brown-headed cowbird, gray catbird, and a  song
sparrow with a brood patch, confirming a new species nesting on  grounds.

Recaptures include:
* Northern cardinal, banded 24 May '09
* Eastern Phoebe, banded 17 May '08
* Northern Cardinal, banded 28 August '09
* Gray Catbird, banded 30 July '09

Species observed include:  chimney swifts, ruby-throated hummingbird,
Eastern wood-peewee, great-crested flycatcher, blue-gray gnatcatchers, wood
thrushes, red-eyed vireo, rose-breasted grosbeak, and indigo buntings.

Thanks to all the volunteers for a successful and productive spring
session!  We will resume banding mid-August or so.

Cheers for now, Mickey

Michelene M.  O'Connor
Zookeeper
Milwaukee County Zoological Gardens