[wisb] Love is in the air--displaying turkey

  • From: Gwyn Calvetti <gwyntells@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:13:20 -0600

On my way to work in southern LaCrosse County this morning, the usual big
flock of turkeys was heading up a hillside.  However, there was a little
group away from the rest, which included a displaying male turkey and a
couple of unimpressed hens.
Other than that, I heard my FOY Kildeer while walking the dog yesterday
afternoon, and the first Robin in the yard.  They've been around a few days,
but until one shows in our yard, it doesn't count.

I looked for the Peregrines on the US Bank building when I was downtown
yesterday, but they must have been out and about.  Somehow, the thunderstorm
others around these parts reported on facebook eluded us.  It just rained
and rained and rained.  Almost no snow left, even in those deep valleys
where the sun don't shine!

Gwyn Calvetti
LaCrosse County

--