[wisb] Le Conte's Sparrows, Comstock Bog

On my way to the California Gull site I stopped at Comstock Bog from 3:
45 AM until 4:45 AM.   Le Conte's Sparrow (2) were found on the east
side of the bog as you come in from the old parking lot off Edgewood.
Alder Flycatchers (2) were vocal as were Great Horned and Barred Owls.
More birds singing than I expected for so late.

On the way home I made a 12 minute stop just off ZZ in the Kettle
Moraine State Forest north of  North Prairie.  Mosquitoes forced a quick
retreat but not before hearing Hooded, Pine,  Black-throated Green
Warbler and a finding migrant Nashville.  One Blue-headed Vireo  piped
up too.

Joe Schaufenbuel
5676 Regent St.
Stevens Point
Portage County, WI 54481
(715) 345-2788

'Eureka!' (I found it) but 'That's funny...'"
--Isaac Asimov