[wisb] Lakeshore State Park, Long-tailed Duck and Lake Park misc bird images Dec 18 2010

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:06:53 -0600

Greetings,

I headed down to Milwaukee?s lakefront and stopped at Lakeshore State Park.
I crossed lines with Bernie Sloan. I did get some images of the Long-tailed
Duck. I almost missed it though because of it being under water for long
periods of time. I headed up to Lake Park and walked that for awhile, it was
gloomy there. At Lake Park I saw Cardinals, White-breasted Nuthatches,
Black-capped Chickadee?s, Juncos and Hairy Woodpeckers. From there I stopped
at Bradford Beach and Mckinley Marina. There were a lot of ducks out far and
not much seemed to be flying. The Scaup, Goldeneye, Bufflehead, Coots, etc
seemed to be sitting tight.

I put some images online to share:

*
http://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/MilwaukeeLakeParkLakeshoreStateParkWithLongTailedDuckImageSatDecb182010#