[wisb] Lake Park Milwaukee today

  • From: Brian Hansen <rawshooter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 23:41:37 -0500

Great day to be birding/photographing as many of you found out for
yourselves.  I got out of the car at 7am in the rain and the park was about
as loud with birds calling as I have ever heard it.  I spent about 10 hours
in Lake Park today.  I had a guiding gig till 1:00 then came back about 3
and stayed till 7pm.  17 species of Warblers with Palms being the highest
concentration.  I had FOY Golden-winged, Blackburnian, Chestnut-sided,
Magnolia, Ovenbird, and American Redstart.  Also had FOY Veery and
Gray-cheeked Thrush, Lincoln Sparrow, Warbling Vireo, Scarlet Tanager and
Eastern Kingbird (actually saw the Kingbird last night and again this
morning).  Too tired to look at photos but got some decent shots.  My best
looks were this morning but I was helping my client get shots instead of
taking them myself but I am happy with some of the stuff I got in the
afternoon.  I'll post some tomorrow for those who care - too tired now.
And... I added a lifer WHITE-EYED VIREO at the wrought iron bridge.

Lastly I found a dead Coopers Hawk with two leg bands.  I wrote down the
info and will send it in.

I will be out there again in the morning hoping for more of the same.  I
probably won't have a job Friday so if anyone is hiring let me know :)

Nice prediction Terri W!!!!!!!!

Brian Hansen
Milwaukee - east side