[wisb] Lake Park, Milwaukee County Strange Warbler

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 14:16:07 -0500

I got out to Lake Park in Milwaukee the past two mornings. Both mornings
there were a fair amount of birds, with more vireos today.
Warblers that I saw over the past two days; Yellow-rumped, Blackburnian,
Blackpoll, Black & White, Nashville, Tennessee, Wilson's, Common
Yellowthroat, Canada, Magnolia, Black-throated Green, American Redstart, &
Chesnut-sided.
Vireos seen were; Blue-headed, Warbling, Red-eyed, & Philadelphia.

Other birds of note; Blatimore Orioles, lots of Inigo Buntings, Brown
Thrasher, and Red-headed Woodpeckers. Unfortunately, I did not witness the
Black-billed or Yellow-billed Cuckoos that the people on the warbler walk
saw yesterday.

I did however see a strange warbler. Most of the markings lean towards
female Redstart, but the head has strange markings. I'm including links to 2
photographs. Please let me know what you think.

Warbler backside; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4632869122/

Warbler front; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4632868810/

Some other photos;

Philadelphia Vireo; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4632870336/

Blackburnian Warbler; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4632870174/

Blackpoll Warbler; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4632869968/

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4616912634/

Great Horned Owl at Seminary Woods;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4616912490/

And a non bird, Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4632869754/

Paul Sparks
Glendale, Milwaukee County

www.paulcsparks.com