[wisb] Lake Park, Milwaukee County 5/14 & 5/15

  • From: Paul Sparks <paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 13:10:52 -0500

Yesterday morning was pretty good for warblers at Lake Park. I had 16
species; Northern Parula, Myrtle, Palm, Black-throated Blue, Black-throated
Green, Ovenbird, Orange-crowned, American Redstart, Nashville, Common
Yellowthroat, Magnolia, Chesnut-sided, Blackpoll, Black & White, Wilson's, &
good looks at a Canada. Others saw Yellow, Cape May, Golden Winged, &
Blackburnian. Today wasn't as good, but I added a Northern Waterthrush to
the warbler list and someone else saw a Mourning Warbler. This morning also
brought great looks at a Great Crested Flycatcher, Brown Thrashers, Least
Flycatcher, Eastern Towhee, and Indigo Buntings.
Some photos from the past couple of days;
Magnolia; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4609530284/

Northern Parula; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4608922215/

Great Crested Flycatcher; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4608922055/

Least Flycatcher; http://www.flickr.com/photos/bookguy/4609529840/