[wisb] Lake Park 12 Species Warbler Day!

  • From: "dick & cathy dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 12:47:54 -0500

Because I have other commitments on Saturday and will be unable to join the
birding group, I decided to go to Lake Park today.  I got a late start and
didn't arrive at the park until after 9 a.m.  I was still far from
disappointed!  In the old Girl Scout Ravine I saw my FOY CONNECTICUT
Warbler.  Also in other parts of the park were FOY Ovenbird, FOY Common
Yellowthroat, FOY Chestnut Sided Warbler, FOY BLUE-WINGED Warbler (north of
Ravine Bridge) Black and White, American Redstart and the most vividly
colored Cape May Warbler I've ever seen. Northern Waterthrushes were as
common as Yellow-rumps in the ravine north of Ravine Bridge.  Also saw
several Black-throated Green Warblers and many Yellow-rumps and Palm
Warblers. FOY Scarlet Tanager Was seen looking west off Ravine Bridge.
Baltimore Oriole was seen at the Wolcott statue.

Have a great and birdy weekend!

Cathy Dermody, St. Francis Southeastern Milwaukee County

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.