[wisb] La Crosse Area Sightings

  • From: "Dan Jackson" <DanJackson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WisBirdN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:42:00 -0500

I have birded a few spots over the past few days.  New arrivals /
sightings have included:

Gray-cheeked Thrush (Myrick)
Gray Catbird (Myrick)
Tennessee Warbler (Myrick)
Caspian Tern (just south of Goose Island)
Purple Martins (Stoddard)
Mute Swan (Coon Creek Delta below Stoddard - very unusual on the
Mississippi River)
Great-crested Flycatcher (Goose Island)
Black-throated Green Warbler (Goose Island)
Yellow-throated Vireo (Goose Island)
Lark Sparrow (Holland Sand Prairie)
Vesper Sparrows (Holland Sand Prairie)
Baltimore Oriole (Holland Sand Prairie)
Wilson's Phalarope (Westby sewage ponds)
Spotted Sandpiper (Westby sewage ponds)
Lesser & Greater Yellowlegs (Westby sewage pond

Other notables:

Orange-crowned and Yellow Warblers at Myrick Marsh
Northern Waterthrushes at Myrick Marsh and Goose Island
Eastern Towhees at Myrick Marsh
Cedar Waxwings at Myrick
Brown Thrashers

I was also lucky enough to find an Eastern Hog-nosed Snake while out and
about in La Crosse County.  Unfortunately, I had left my camera in the
car.  It was a very neat snake!  (Al Sheldon will be proud of me - I was
looking down for once)

Good Birding,

Dan Jackson
Chaseburg, Vernon County, Wisconsin
(Near LaCrosse)

You received this email because you are subscribed to the WISBIRDN list.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: http://www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.