[wisb] La Crosse Area Sightings

  • From: "Dan Jackson" <DanJackson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WisBirdN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:42:00 -0500

I have birded a few spots over the past few days.  New arrivals /
sightings have included:

Gray-cheeked Thrush (Myrick)
Gray Catbird (Myrick)
Tennessee Warbler (Myrick)
Caspian Tern (just south of Goose Island)
Purple Martins (Stoddard)
Mute Swan (Coon Creek Delta below Stoddard - very unusual on the
Mississippi River)
Great-crested Flycatcher (Goose Island)
Black-throated Green Warbler (Goose Island)
Yellow-throated Vireo (Goose Island)
Lark Sparrow (Holland Sand Prairie)
Vesper Sparrows (Holland Sand Prairie)
Baltimore Oriole (Holland Sand Prairie)
Wilson's Phalarope (Westby sewage ponds)
Spotted Sandpiper (Westby sewage ponds)
Lesser & Greater Yellowlegs (Westby sewage pond

Other notables:

Orange-crowned and Yellow Warblers at Myrick Marsh
Northern Waterthrushes at Myrick Marsh and Goose Island
Eastern Towhees at Myrick Marsh
Cedar Waxwings at Myrick
Brown Thrashers

I was also lucky enough to find an Eastern Hog-nosed Snake while out and
about in La Crosse County.  Unfortunately, I had left my camera in the
car.  It was a very neat snake!  (Al Sheldon will be proud of me - I was
looking down for once)

Good Birding,

Dan Jackson
Chaseburg, Vernon County, Wisconsin
(Near LaCrosse)
http://community.webshots.com/user/DanielEJackson

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.