[wisb] Jefferson Marsh--200+ White-winged Crossbills & more

  • From: Aaron Stutz <agstutz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 15:57:49 -0600

Hi all,

Peter Bridge and I birded around Jefferson County today.

Highlights:

Jefferson Marsh:
200+ White-winged Crossbills; Off of Y--we parked just west of Deer
Creek and hiked (Peter hiked, I don't know what you would call my form
of locomotion) up the trail to get as close to the Tamaracks as
possible.  Scope needed.  If you go to look for these birds be patient
they dropped down low frequently.
1 Northern Shrike
3 Rough-legged Hawks
5+ Red-winged Blackbirds