[wisb] Jefferson County Warblers, Shorebirds and FOYS

Howdy Birders,

Birded the Glacial Drumlin Trail (GDT) in Lake Mills and Zeloski Marsh
today.  The GDT was productive with 17 warbler species mostly in 1s and fews
other than the more numerous YELLOW RUMPS, BLACK-AND-WHITE and PALMS.
Notable warblers include: BLACKBURNIAN, NORTHERN PARULA, BLACK-THROATED
BLUE, MAGNOLIA, BLACK-THROATED GREEN and GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLERS (all males).
Other passerine highlights include: SCARLET TANAGER, YELLOW-THROATED VIREO
and GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER.

At Zeloski Marsh, bird numbers are way down, but there's still plenty to
look at and shorebird diversity is up.  I had 8 shorebird species including
3 WILSON'S PHALAROPE (yesterday I had 1), 1 DOWITCHER sp. (yesterday I had
19 SHORT-BILLED)., 1 BAIRD'S SANDPIPER, 1 SEMI-PALMATED PLOVER, 11 DUNLIN,
both YELLOWLEGS (Lesser much more numerous 70 vs. 2) and Killdeer.  Also had
one lone BLACK TERN.

Great birding and it should only get better..

Cynthia Bridge

Fort Atkinson, Jefferson Co.