[wisb] Introduction and a new birding tool

  • From: David La Puma <woodcreeper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 16:25:21 -0500

Hey Wisconsin Birders-
I'll be moving to Madison at the end of December and wanted to let you know
about a new birding resource that now exists for southern Wisconsin. It's
called WIBIRDSOUTH (sounds like "why bird?"; the "south" may or may not be
silent, your choice). It's a text messaging service that acts as a rapid
alert system for rare or very interesting bird sightings. I've posted a
full description on my website here: http://www.woodcreeper.com/WIBIRDSOUTH
It's free to use although depending on your cell phone text plan you may
incur charges (check with your carrier). Anyway- I wanted to let you know
that it's up and running just in time for the next mega rarity! Hope to see
you afield in 2012.

Good Birding

David
________________________