[wisb] Indigo Buntings Iowa County

  • From: "Meredith" <net.notes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 18:33:12 -0500

I've been seeing 5 or 6 male Indigo Buntings around here the last week or
so. Mostly they're on the sunflower seed feeders but they along with some
Goldfinches were feasting on dandelions yesterday morning. It was quite
entertaining the way they'd keep hopping up until they got a hold of the
head, then would pull it over, step on the stem to hold it down and eat the
fluff. I sure hope eating them deactivates the seed but I have a feeling
that may not be the case.
Meredith Daggett
Mineral Point, WI