[wisb] Re: Indigo Bunting-Waukesha Co.

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cygnusbuccinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:47:14 -0400

Hello All,

I see that most of you are now starting to report species such as
Hummingbirds, Indigo Buntings, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Gray Catbirds,
and Baltimore Orioles.  It is neat for me to be out here to see how
spring is working both in WI and in NJ.  For years I have been birding
in WI so I kind of know what should be around this time of year.  It
is not fun and neat to see that some birds are showing up here at the
same time as in WI.  While others seem to show up earlier here then
there.  The above species list are of birds that are also showing up
here at the same time they are in WI.

But then some things like Piping Plovers, Laughing Gulls, or Osprey,
seem to show up here early don't show up in WI as early.  Not that we
would get tons of Piping Plovers or Laughing Gulls.  But when those
two show up it seems to be more mid to late May or early June.  While
the the Piping Plovers have been around for almost a month, and
Laughing Gulls for about two weeks.  Not in great numbers yet out at
the Northern tip, but still around.  Then Osprey already back in late
March and right onto the nests.  Should have young out soon.

So anyways it has been fun to see what is showing up here compared to WI

Take care and good birding to all...

Seth Cutright
Sandy Hook, NJ

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:38 PM, Maureen Gross
<cygnusbuccinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A beautiful male Indigo Bunting is at my backyard feeders in extreme
> southern Waukesha County late this afternoon.  A male Baltimore Oriole and a
> male Ruby-throated Hummingbird came to the feeding station yesterday.  A
> Brown Thrasher and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet are singing in the backyard.
> Things are getting exciting in the birding world.
>
> Maureen Gross
> Mukwonago, Waukesha County

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.