[wisb] Re: Inca Dove - NO

  • From: Tim Hahn <thahnbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:49:43 -0500

Good Evening Birders,
I checked this spot after work, arriving about 5:30, and stayed until dark.
The area described in the report is located at the far northeast corner of
the campus.  The college is constructing a new baseball diamond/stadium, so
there are at least a few acres of of dirt, gravel, and newly planted grass
covered in straw.  I checked as much of this as I could, as well as all
other grassy areas, but no Inca Dove was present.  Just behind the
Environmental Stewardship building are a few hanging feeders that do have
seed in them.  The grass underneath is quite long, but if someone does try
for this bird, that spot should certainly be checked.  A plate of mixed seed
that would seem suitable for a dove was also placed on a large, overturned
cable spool to the north of a utility building, which is north of the
environmental building; this also seems like a great place to check for the
bird.  Good luck to anyone trying for this bird!

Cheers!

Tim Hahn
New Berlin, WI
(Waukesha Cty)