[wisb] Re: ID Help/Pleasant Valley (Dane Co.)

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <calocitta8@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:42:54 -0500

Thanks to all.  I now see in National Geographic's Birds of NA there is a side
note on p. 520 on separating fall immature Tennessee and OC warblers as well.
I should have read it first!

I did not see any RB nuthatches last fall/winter in Dane Co., though I saw
plenty the year before.  (always have them up north though).

Also for those who are wondering, the bugs from North Dakota were apparently a
barn spider and some type of meadowhawk (the dragonfly).  Two said cherry-faced
meadowhawk, although Dan Jackson had some other guesses and may get back to me
if he finds anything in a guide he has I think.  So may have to leave it at
that.

PS: Are there any predictions out there on what winter finches we'll see this
year?

Thanks again,

Mike Duchek, Madison, Dane Co. (soon to be Waukesha Co.  I will greatly miss
places like Pleasant Valley and living a few miles from the terminal moraine).

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me