[wisb] Hummer quandary, old news

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 12:44:48 -0700 (PDT)

  Hey everyone, what does one do when you get a glimpse of an odd, or even , a
rare bird in general, much less this hummer I had this past week, when you
can't place a species  to it?   It's there one moment, then it's gone.  I just
finished reading the reply from Pete Fissel, who got me thinking, what should
we do?  I really can't brush it off, but at the same time it was something of
considerable mention.  I swear to JJ Audubon that this bird was definitely not
a rubythroat, esp. with that long curved bill, and seen from a side profile I
almost thought I saw a  dark streak on it's belly, suggesting a mango.  It
happened so fast that I was left in mass confusion.  So....I guess all we can
do it mark it down as  "Hummingbird, Sp."    Also known as an LLL,  Long Lost
Lifer.   Doggone it!

       In confusiion,  Paul Bruce
       Oshkosh