[wisb] Horned Grebe, Door Co.

  • From: "Charles Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "door county birding" <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 15:31:03 -0600

I was surprised to see a Horned Grebe in the harbor at Sand Bay/end of Waters
End Rd this morning. There were quite a few expected ducks way further out
(maybe 200 +).  It was diving repeatedly at the mouth of the tug slip, so
viewing was good. According to Door Co records, this is way overdue for heading
south. But no ice in the bay. So it's still here. I have a photo but distant,
tho we can see it's a Horned.
Sue Peterson
Door County