[wisb] Horicon Sunday 5/16 (Dodge Co)

  • From: Emily Wilson <emily_howe_wilson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 05:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

No ibises for us.  One Avocet, loads of dunlins, and one whooping crane (saw
her twice, morning and evening) on 49 west of the pumphouse.  One Black-necked
stilt and a pair of nesting swans (they didn't put their heads up for us much
-- are they Trumpeters?)  on Dike Rd.  Several great egrets on the auto tour.
Lots of yellow warblers everywhere, especially the Redhead Trail, where we also
got our FOY Eastern Meadowlark.  Still some white-crowned sparrows, but we
didn't see a single yellow-rumped warbler. Bobolinks both near the Bud Cook
trails and on the auto tour.

Richard and Emily Wilson
Allouez, Brown County