[wisb] Hi/ and new photos from MI

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:45:07 -0400

Hello All.

Here is a slight up date and some new photos to look at.  If you did
not know I am and have been in South-East MI.  I have been here for
just over a week now.  I am doing a raptor count job/ hawk count at
the Lake Erie Metropark.  Today was a rain day for me, light to med.,
rain on and off all day until about 1:30PM.  I already have 138 bird
species for my MI year list....and all of those species are posted
onto and into eBird.....

Anyways with the day off I am able to update some photos.  Here are
some links to see some of my MI birds and wildlife photos that are on
my flicker page.

MI Birds and Wildlife:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/sets/72157622184312789/

You can click onto any photo to see it larger.  Or a good thing to do
is to click on the upper right part that says "Slide Show"  Then once
in slide show click on the upper right area to see the species name
and location if you want...you can also set how fast or slow it shows
the photos.  The photos if you look as a slide show go in order taken.

Can try this link for slide show:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/sets/72157622184312789/show/

I saw some posting on here about Cooper's Hawks vs Sharp-shinned Hawks
and ID...If you would like you can check these photos out of
Sharp-shinned Hawks in flight to help you out:

Sharp-shinned Hawk
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3900354207/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3901135838/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3901137356/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3901137786/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/

Or some that I like:
Cattle Egret:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3901112676/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/

Peregrine Falcon:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3900337817/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3901119868/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3900339061/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/

Semipalmated Sandpiper:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3900344667/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/

Or if you would like to try a quiz bird you can go to this link...and
no I am not sure of what it is....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36243894@N04/3901134588/sizes/o/in/set-72157622184312789/

Anyways that is what I have been up to...so hope all are well and
enjoy the photos.

Take care

Seth Cutright
Dearborn, MI