[wisb] Hawk in Glendale ( coopers or gos )

  • From: john romano <cajunbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, paul.sparks@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

I am not the one person who responded to Paul with a Goshawk ID.  However the
photos show an obvious white eyeline on the raptor.  Both the Sibley and the
Peterson guides make a note of the supercillium as an identifying mark for a
junvenile Goshawk and not for the Coopers Hawk.

So I am wondering why this raptor would not be a Goshawk junenile instead of a
Coopers Hawk.

John Romano
Madison Wi