[wisb] Harvey & Wangsness ponds‏

  • From: Brian Doverspike <briandoverspike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:59:00 -0500

Becky and I spent about 45 minutes at Harvey & Wangsness this morning.  We were
fortunate to see the American Avocet.  This was the first time we had seen one
in nonbreeding plummage.  What a beautiful bird!  I'm not sure which way it is
more stunning and that is usually such an easy choice.  Lots of other
shorebirds around but we did not find anything else but the more common species.

Brian Doverspike and Becky Anderson

Pardeeville, Columbia County