[wisb] Harvey Road Ponds 9/13

  • From: "Jym Mooney & Carol Lee Hopkins" <hopmoon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:50:59 -0500

I also located the avocet this morning on the west side of Harvey Road
between DM and Wangness.  A good selection of other shorebirds was present
as well: pectoral, least, semipalmated, and stilt SPs, semipalmated plovers,
lesser yellowlegs, snipe, and killdeer.  I also was able to find and ID (on
my third stop of the morning at the location) the juvenile Franklin's gull,
loafing on the rocks in the pond on the east side of Harvey Road opposite
the shorebird spot.  Very exciting morning, especially as this is the first
time I have seen a Franklin's gull in Wisconsin.

Jym Mooney, Milwaukee