[wisb] Harris's sparrows and others - Dunn Cty.

  • From: <rachael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:05:25 -0700

I've been immensely enjoying the sparrow show of late, most especially
the Harris' Sparrow. He showed up six days ago and was still present
this evening when I walked the dog. Besides all the regular suspects
(White-crowned, White-throated, Song, and Juncos) I was pleased to have
a couple towhees the other day, and a Fox the last few days. I also
think I saw my FOF American Tree Sparrow yesterday. It seems early, but
what else has a rufus cap, white wing bars, and a single dark spot in
the middle of its breast?
Enjoying the return of all my winter friends,

~Rachael Butek
Colfax, Dunn Cty.

We do not inherit the earth from our
parents and grandparents...