[wisb] Harris's Sparrow Florence Co

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:50:40 -0500

After an absolutely fabulous 3 week trip to the northwest which included Teddy
Roosevelt NP, Glacier NP, Cascades NP, Olympic NP, Mt Rainier NP, Mt St Helens
NM, Oregon Sand Dunes NS, Crater Lake NP, Craters of the Moon NM, John Day
Fossil Beds NM,Tetons NP, Devil's Tower NM, and Badlands NP we returned home on
Sunday to find a new yard bird at our home, a Harris's Sparrow foraging among
many White-throated Sparrows and an Eastern Towhee.
What a great way to become reacquainted with Wisconsin birdlife after all the
wonders of the western states.

Kay Kavanagh
Aurora  Florence Co.