[wisb] Fwd: Willets at Goose Pond and Ibis update

  • From: Dan Graham <theluckiest2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 09:49:43 -0700 (PDT)

While watching moved close to road on west side pond near the driveway. Easily
made out with binoculars. Great photo distance.
Dan G
Madison, WI

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lester Doyle" <Lester.Doyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: May 1, 2010 10:46:54 AM CDT
To: "wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [wisb] Willets at Goose Pond and Ibis update

This morning, the Glossy Ibis was still at the far west side of the
Schumacher- Cuba Valley ponds. Even with the distance the early morning
gave good views of the facial features and I may have some decent
Pictures...some of which were taken through Ken Leget's camera (sorry if
I butchered the spelling on your last name), I left with my camera, but
my battery was at home still charging.

Several birders failed to locate another Smith's Longspur, looking into
the direction of the sun did not help, but this afternoon should be
ideal for those who wish to try.

A nameless birder informed Tom Wood and me, that he had seen two WILLETS
at Goose Pond. Tom and I located them on working the Prairie Lane edge
of the pond towards corner in the area of the railroad tracks.

Lester Doyle

Lodi/Harmony Grove

Columbia co.

** The information contained in this communication may
be confidential, is intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any
of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please return it
to the sender immediately and delete the original message
and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have
any questions concerning this message, please contact the
sender. **