[wisb] Fwd: Conservation Congress statewide county meetings Monday, April 11th 7PM

  • From: KAREN JOHNSON <kmjbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISBIRDN <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:08:28 -0500

Hello,
Apparently there is more at stake here; concerning the use/banning of lead
shot.

Read on from Cathy Mauer..............

Karen Johnson
Milwaukee County
(BayView area)

From: KAREN JOHNSON <kmjbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:23 AM
Subject: [wisb] OT: Conservation Congress statewide county meetings Monday,
April 11th 7PM
To: WISBIRDN <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Please read below and then plan om attending a meeting in your county!
*Here are some other announcements*:

The state Conservation Congress has it's annual meeting on Monday,  April 11
in every county in Wisconsin.  These meetings are usually heavily attended
by hunters, so it would be good to have some representation by the
environmental community, especially this year, when they will be voting on
opening our state parks and natural areas to hunting and trapping.  Please
see the note below and click on the link for more information.

Hi all... My friend Ellen Lafouge from the Bluebird Restoration Assoc. of
Wisconsin created an important and timely website. Please read it... I know
that all of you enjoy taking nature hikes and watching wildlife, whether
birds or animals, which means that the coming Conservation Congress meeting,
which will be held in every Wisconsin County on April 11th, is very
important. Please take the time to look at the website, and if possible,
make plans to be at these meetings. The Milwaukee meeting will be at Nathan
Hale High School in West Allis. Let's show them that there are many of us
who care about preserving our wildlife, and preserving our State Parks,
without the worry of hunters using these same parks to fill their bag
limits! Other proposals also could affect our elk and wolf populations.
Hunters will make up the majority of attendees.  Though I believe that not
all hunters will be in favor of some of these proposals, the majority WILL!
So it would be nice to counter these proposals by voting NO on them! This
isn't the time to be part of the silent majority....

Thanks... and please forward this website to anyone who you feel would be
interested in reading/attending.

Bob Tamm

Keep it going . . .  http://www.webcare-usa.com/DNR/

--